Fear of flying is a huge problem for many. All of the readily available information about plane disasters, pilot error and terrorists is taking a huge toll on society and is contributing to so many people’s unsettled feelings about heading to the airport. Yet everyone knows that using planes as a primary means of transportation can save so much time and greatly improve one’s ability to see the world. That is why it is more important than ever to face those fears and learn how to deal with pre-flight nerves now! Here are some suggestions:
• Read up on flying, you will learn it is one of the safest ways to travel.
• In extreme cases of fear of flying, see a doctor about prescribing a sedative to calm your nerves. Otherwise, do it the old fashioned way and after arriving at the airport, head to the nearest watering hole. It is amazing how a few cocktails can drum up all sorts of courage.
• Do some research on the airlines, only travel with the companies that have the best records…. that should give you some peace of mind.
• Hit the gym regularly, in addition to plenty of other benefits, exercise is a wonderful way to help manage stress, including flight stress.
• Learn to be at peace with oneself, none of us know when our time is coming, so stop worrying about what you cannot control. Are you going to lock yourself in a room and live in fear? Stop stressing and start living!!
• Do some research on good books, find a real page turner and engross yourself in the story, before you know it you will have reached your destination.
• Find a travel partner who loves to talk, you will be so engrossed in conversation you will forget about those darn nerves.
• Think positive thoughts, not only about flying but about everything in life! You will be amazed at how your outlook and quality of life will change!
Otherwise do not fly…….take a train, boat, car or some other form of transportation but remember there are no guarantees you will arrive safely that way either!
Happy and safe travels from Irv’s luggage sale, Luggage & Laptop Briefcases Specialists Since 1947.
For more information about laptop and briefcases visit our website.
Last 5 posts by JorgeFBurn
- Energy Saving Home Tips - Energy Saving House Tips - August 4th, 2012
- The Growing Rise in popularity of Plastic Surgery - August 4th, 2012
- The Exciting World of Online Dating - August 4th, 2012
- Five Steps When it comes to an IT Career - August 4th, 2012
- Plumbing Service - The Requirement for a Plumbing Work Services - August 4th, 2012