Choose a good background. Some sites have moving GIF backgrounds, which can be great at times, but can make your text difficult to read at other times. Use a light colored background which fits into your sites color palette.
Using auction sites for a domain name may be helpful, since so many domain names are in use already. There you can discover great domain names that others are no longer using and buy them.
Be careful when you are adding sound to your website. Loud, distracting audio can be a huge turn-off to site visitors, especially if they are not given the chance to control it or reduce the volume. It is alright to include an audio and video link with sound, but always include an option to turn these controls off no matter if they are playing or not.
Web designers must be realistic with their task-time goals. Working to meet a deadline that is not feasible, will result in poor work, which will translate to more issues down the road. Give yourself time to work cautiously.
Avoid using captchas beyond the initial registration procedures. You dont want site visitors working hard just to see your webpage. Except for devoted members, most people will likely leave your site and look elsewhere.
You now should have a good base of knowledge about web design skills, and you might just be ready to try to do some designing of your own. Always be open to new information about web design. Youll be a great designer quicker than you think!
Last 5 posts by PeshekRintharamy148
- Its smart to determine the amount of paint you will need before you start painting no matter how large or small your project may be - October 23rd, 2012
- You deserve to have only the best in life, and until you realize this, you cant really move forward. - October 17th, 2012
- Training for account managers and decision makers - October 13th, 2012
- Expert support for VMware, storage and Microsoft environments - October 13th, 2012
- Communications Strategy: Making Messages Stick - October 11th, 2012