Nutritionists agree that when it comes to lowering cholesterol levels with protein, 25 milligrams per day is the magic number. Vegetarians (or anyone else, for that matter) can easily meet this requirement by consuming soy foods like edamame (green soybeans that have been steamed and lightly salted), tofu, and roasted soy nuts.
Help yourself eat more slowly by not eating while watching TV or using the computer. Studies show that people eat more when they are focusing on something else while eating. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to register that you are full, and eating too quickly causes you to eat more food than you need to.
Eat your broccoli. A real super food, just one medium stalk of broccoli more than fulfills your recommended daily value of vitamin K. Moreover, it also contains almost two days’ worth of vitamin C. These nutrients will help you build strong bones and could possibly reduce your risk of some cancers. To maximize the nutritional value, prepare broccoli in the steamer rather than boiling or microwaving.
Now that you have a better idea of what you need to do to better your health you should start applying all that you learned into your daily life. You want to apply all that you learn while at the same time learning new healthy and nutritious tips. If you do that then you should be well on your way to a healthy life.
Last 5 posts by CozzoneWelti718
- Face it - not everyone needs ten cabinets for their dishes. - July 6th, 2012
- Being cautious and selecting the right opportunities for your home-based business is only half the battle. - July 3rd, 2012
- Use a turntable inside a cabinet for smaller items such as spice jars - June 30th, 2012
- To help your website visitors find their way home on your site, always include a link to your homepage on each page of your site. - June 24th, 2012
- After reading these tips, you can understand what it takes to be a smart property buyer. - June 19th, 2012